Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pipe Smoker Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
We are going to have to agree to disagree then. It is not the same forum, not everybody who built it up is there anymore (myself included). I think content brings people in, but the people ultimately are what make forums good places. The fact that so many people got miss treated, some had it coming, some didn't, and that the stuff we did is now being used to turn a buck for someone who is an a$$hat of the highest degree does not make me proud at all. You should give a rip about the owner, would you still shop at a store that miss treated you or anybody you knew? I wouldn't, but maybe thats just me.
the content there still brings people in.
because the owner is an "asshat" who's trying to make a buck doesn't even cross my mind when posting there (which i hadn't for months until yesterday).
how the new owner factors into what you helped build and your ability to be proud of what you did, makes zero sense to me.
is roger staubach still proud of what he did with the Cowboys now that Jerry Jones is the owner and a jagoff? i'm sure he is.

Quote:
Premier place for pipe smokers you say? That's great, it fills my heart with joy to know that someone else is making money off all the fun we had there. That certainly captures the spirit of the old forum to a T.
do you honestly believe the people who are posting over there are doing it so the owner can make a buck? have you lost your mind?
why are you so hung up on the owner in this discussion and not the point that what you helped build is thought of in such a high regard?
did i say that the current owner and the "spirit" which still remains in the pipe forum are one and the same?? no, i didn't.
you are the one attempting to stir the pot, joe, not me.

Quote:
A better question is why come here and stir the pot in the first place? You hardly post here anyways and the board exists as an asylum (excuse the pun) for people who felt wronged by the whole thing in the first place. Do you really think many people here of all places are going to agree with you?
i didn't come here to "stir the pot" in the first place, i asked the dude a simple question, wasn't attempting to stir the pot, YOU are by taking offense to a simple post of mine.
i don't give a flyin flip if anyone agrees with me or not - you should know me well enough by now to understand that i won't give a rats ass if anyone agrees with me on anything.
i asked the guy why it was "funny" that they mentioned that place and he gave it a thumbs down. i don't recall that guy giving much input into the pipe forum before the 'sale' anyway... maybe his username was different over there, i don't know, don't really care, was just wanting to know why it's funny to him.

it's obvious that you can't remove from your thought process the "sale" and how some people were treated afterwards from what it is that i'm saying, which is... what we built, laid the foundation for, is still expanding and going strong.
the thought of the new owner making a buck isn't what's crossing my mind when i think of that place, and i really don't care if he does or doesn't make a few pennies on my ramblings about pipe tobacco - that's not why i'm go there (or any other forum). i go there to help newer pipe smokers.

why am i coming here? am i not allowed to come here? is it not a public forum?
why do you come here?
as far as not posting here often, if you check any other forums i am a member of, i haven't posted much of anything for 3+ months until YESTERDAY. been a bit busy, lots going on... i don't see how that should keep me from posting here now, though.