View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Smoking and blood thinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I have to agree with longknocker on the potential effects of continued smoking. In November of 2010 I had an arterial bypass in my right leg. The incision was from above the groin to my ankle. When I got out of the hospital, I noticed that if I had even 1 cigar, the next day I would notice additional swelling in both legs and elevated blood pressure even though I am on a cocktail of 2 blood pressure meds (metoprolol and lasix). I was on coumadin and aspirin but got switched to plavix and aspirin since I had 3 strokes after the surgery. It is not worth it to me to risk my health and both legs by doing much smoking. In the past year I had 4 cigars. Good luck in your treatment.
Now I know I'm not the only one who still hangs out here but doesn't smoke much anymore. Good to know I'm not alone. I wish it was under different circumstances for you though, Paul.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote