View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HF beads question

I much prefer not to chase humidity. As long as there is moisture in the beads available, I feel
like things will take care of themselves. Not an exact science, but I do not get problems with mushy
cigars or swelling and splitting, so I feel like things are alright. Meters read things, if you keep checking
and worrying, my theory is that you will go a bit nuts. Better to give the beads moisture when they
get white and smoke and enjoy. But I am a renegade. I don't freeze, I don't have a hygrometer,
and some say I am a barbarian to begin with. But if you have ever smoked my aged cigars, you will
find them no worse for wear and tear, humidity-wise. Granted we are talking about wine chillers versus
ice chests, so I may be dead wrong. But I say let things settle out and only worry if your cigars begin
to behave as sponges and are looking mis-shapen.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote