View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
Wanger

Default Re: The Photochop practice and advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Yupper

I would love to say that everyone here loves everyone else but some personalities clash. I fully agree with it being "Just in good fun" but like I said, some are more sensitive than others as such some have different opinions of what is funny or rude.

The ToE don't have to do anything...Choppers should just understand a rule of courtesy, as some don't like being chopped.
And there are some that do not want certain others to use them in a chop, where there are others that they may allow to use them in a chop, mostly due to past history.

And that's the key here...courtesy. It's been lacking at times in the past, and gotten people in trouble.

I have a fairly relaxed sense of humor, so in many instances, I'd be OK with being chopped (specifically for a contest), but not in all of them. Just my

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I'm fully aware of that possibilty, just not really concerned with it because the people who would ask permission beforehand aren't the ones who you need to worry about doing something like that. Those that would, will do regardless. And most photochops are so laughably pathetic that anyone who could have their repuation damaged by them has bigger issues to worry about than a measly photoshop.
As Pete said, it's the offensiveness/inappropriateness that is the issue. If there is someone who does a chop that is offensive/inappropriate, it shouldn't be posted on the open board without permission to begin with, though I don't understand why they would want to do one in that manner, to begin with (for their own use only). It's not quite as much the damage to their reputation, but the poor taste in which it may be done. I've seen it before here.

Last edited by Wanger; 04-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.