View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Grinder question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB View Post
Ya, it's true, you get what you pay for.
Really good, fresh roasted coffee has SO much to offer. It is the most complex food on the planet, over 700 different flavors have been identified. Just for comparison, wine, about 180.
Honestly, I find a lot of coffee to be much too bitter for me to enjoy it, thus I have to load it up with enough creamer and splenda to really cover up the taste. With cold brewing, I've found that it's not nearly as bitter and is pretty much the only coffee I drink now. It's not as though I've tried numerous blends from some of the regular suppliers frequently recommended on this board. That said, the Seattle's Best has been the one I've encountered from a hot-brewed basis that I like with using the least amount of creamer/splenda. I'm down to just 1 of each and may just gradually work my way to drinking it black.

As far as fresh roasting, I've thought about it. I've heard a tiny bit about the modified popcorn popper for roasting at home. Doubtful I'll look into it until I'm done being a student in May.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote