View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default G.A.R. Rico Grande Torpedo

This cigar was gifted to me by Mark of Tower Pipe and Tobacco in Sacramento!!!

As advertised:
G.A.R. Cigar brand is the cigar created by George A. Rico (GAR) for the world of cigar smokers that like a bit more flavor than most average cigars displace. If you are ready for a taste that is meaty and full bodied then look no longer. Get a taste and get hooked on G.A.R Cigars by George A. Rico.

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Corojo
Binder: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Filler: Nicaraguan
Vitola: Rico Grande Torpedo (6 X 54)

This cigar is well constructed and has a silky smooth wrapper. I paired it with a Red Rocket Ale!!!

The pre-light draw was perfect - Like breathing! The first few puffs produced copious amounts of white smoke. I love the box-pressed shape of this cigar. You could set this down on a flat surface if needed.

The first flavors detected were cedar and almonds. This cigar is very floral with a hint of toasted bread and nuts. I love these types of flavors in a cigar!

At the half way point a small amount of black pepper is detected. This is not overwhelming or harsh at all. I welcome this change. It really is paired nicely with the ale. Yum!!!

I cannot believe the construction of this cigar. It had no burn issues at all. The draw was consistent throughout. I really enjoyed the changes this cigar took. It was never boring or bland! I loved the flavor of cedar, nuts, toast, and pepper!

Total smoke time took 1 hour and 55 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 9.5 out of 10
Flavor Balance: 8 out of 10
Strength: Medium
Over all experience: 8 out of 10
Value: This was gifted but I would expect to pay around $8.00 per stick

Would I smoke it again? Yes!!!

Thanks Mark!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote