Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #39
RUNYYFan
Life, Liberty, Happiness

First Name: Marc
Trading: (0)
Partagas
RUNYYFan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CigarBid

This is just an FYI. As you may have heard, the Devil Site and its front, Cigars International, has swapped over their shipping system. In doing this, a bunch of orders have been fouled up.

I was one of the "lucky ones" to be involved. On 2/18/17, I pulled the trigger on a Treasure Dome Humidor. Looked to be a really good deal. But I decided to be as patient as possible and give them the benefit of the doubt. On 2/24, I received a cryptic email telling me the item would be "shipped shortly". Giving the timing of the weekend and the computer foul-up, I shrugged at it and thought they needed some more time.

As of last evening, though, I still had not heard anything from them. So I sent them a firm, but polite email asking as only a Joiseyan can WTH is going on. Amazingly I get a response at 2129 that "your order is on its way!" But the tracking number is not valid.

This morning I called my contact at UPS asking them if they could do some sort of reverse trace based on my shipping address. He laughs and says, "Oh they are really [expletive] up. They never should've done that upgrade. You're probably going to need to call them and give them what for." Wonderful.

So I'll be calling them in 3 mins. and do just that. If the USGS registers seismic activity in Central New Jersey, it's just me. Seriously, though if you are experiencing delays or are missing shipments from CigarBid or Cigars International, you may need to call them and have a personal chat with them. SMH.