Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: German Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
It is not so much forced as it is having to wade thru 20 IPAs on the craft side of a menu etc to find the one good pilsner or ale etc.

I think the bigger picture Ken and I are referring to is the craft industries tend to keep making unique beer sometimes just to be different and not because it is good. Heck the cigar industry suffers from this also. I for one am long past chasing or trying a great nee cigar or beer only to find oh thats a one off we wont make more.

Whats worse is the one offs that are great while the mainstay is crap. Cigars and beer both too on that one
Ok, that makes more sense, and yes, I see where you are coming from and even agree to some extent.

I will say though that brewers tend to take a lot of pride in their work and turning out crap just to be hoppier (for example, you could really say just about any style there) doesn't really jive with my experience. Now, I will say that sometimes brews don't work out as planned and you just spent $9-10/gallon to make something that flopped, you have to recoup your costs somehow since you aren't budweiser rich and can't afford to dump an expensive batch. But something anyone likes, but craft brewing is not often a lucrative business. Or, as one my friends who is head brewer says "a life of poverty and free beer"
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote