View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #18
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mosca's Chicken a la Grande

Made a big batch of this last night for the freezer, I was just in a cookin mood, so I walked to the store,
got a whole chicken and 4 thighs and got started. I have too much cooked food in the fridge, but I was cool
with letting it sit drenched in juice for a few hours then freezing it. I have come up with the best plan on this.

I like to cut up the breast into nuggets, brown it, and then put it aside. Then I make the recipe as normal,
in a pyrex rectangular baking dish, bottom of the oven cranked up to BROIL. I baste it about four times in
45 minutes then take all the meat out and render the sauce down in the pan by itself for another 15 mins,
(toss in the browned but not cooked breast chunks in also, to finish them off. Then remove the baking dish
to cool.

The breast meat gets way too dry the way I used to do it, cut up into chunks, anyway. This way the dark
meat gets cooked, the sauce is properly reduced and the breast meat is juicy and perfectly cooked.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote