Thread: CigarBid
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #49
oldforge
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
oldforge has a spectacular aura aboutoldforge has a spectacular aura aboutoldforge has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CigarBid

fwiw I had a CI small and simple order from 2/23 that still hasn't shipped.
I am letting it stay in limbo because from what I hear if you try to cancel the order the software starts spewing out random commands.

My advice would be to stay away from CI, Cbid, Cigar.com, Pipes and cigars (all common ownership and warehouse--presumably all affected by the software "upgrade") until the green light is given. My order arriving at my door would probably be a positive indicator. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
They attempted a major IT upgrade that went south quickly. This was immensely exasperated by the fact that a good percentage of their customer service staff was out at the time.

IMO, cbid has been successful because of their customer service and despite their inventory validity, packing, shipping, etc. When things go wrong and they don't have their CS staff to buffer...well, there's nothing much positive that can result.

I've been in the supply and warehousing business for a very long time and I know how difficult it will be for them to recover since they didn't seem to pause or even limit new orders. They handled this poorly every which way and they deserve to lose your business...but they will no doubt recover and be thriving within a couple months.
oldforge is offline   Reply With Quote