View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #5
Wallbright
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Wallbright is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigars with mineral/soil notes?

Small Batch Cigar actually has some recommendations on different flavor profiles in cigars. They have a few different posts of how to hone your palate with selections for each major type of flavor described in cigars. I'm not sure if I can link to their blog here since they are also a retailer? [If a Mod reads this then please let me know one way or the other.]

But this is their selection for earth which is what I think you are describing.

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – EARTH | CALDWELL ALL OUT KINGS
Earth comes in many shapes and sizes but is unmistakable in just about any cigar in the Liga Privada series. To broaden our horizons, we selected the All Out Kings collaboration between Robert Caldwell, Willie Herrera, and Jonathan Drew. This cigar features the Liga Privada T-52 wrapper and is the perfect introduction to an earthy cigar.

Of course, earth is such a broad term that once you discover it you’ll be hard-pressed to just call it earth afterward. There’s dry dirt, wet soil, clay, damp (dank) earth, etc. And different cigars will project different nuances of earth over the course of the experience. Once lit, All Out Kings will initiate you into earthy tasting notes with what Andrew calls, “sweaty earth.”
Wallbright is offline   Reply With Quote