First Name: Tattejuaje
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
TomHagen will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ask The Rabbi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
Rabbi,

TKs so much for doing this for us. I'm finding this some very interesting reading and very informative also. Here's my simple question.

My daughter is just over 2 now and for family reasons that I don't need to get into here we to this point haven't done a baby naming for her. Is this a problem or will it be a problem later when we enroll her in Hebrew school and look to have a Bat Mitzvah for her?

Tks so much.
My daughter is also just over 2, as well. Good stuff!!

A Jewish child can be named at any point in their life. In fact, my wife's grandmother was named in her 80's. For a girl, she should be named over the Torah in Shul, a very simple, meaningful prayer is said and BAM! she's got a Jewish name. This should be done at the most immediate Torah reading after her birth. The Torah is read in synogogue ever Mon, Thurs and Shabbos AM. One usually has a small kiddush in her honor on Shabbos. It is never to late, do it ASAP. If you need any further help with this let me know. If you need help with a name, place to go etc. or I could even do the prayer for you...

(side note: Boys are named at their Bris, hopefully on the eigth day after they are born)