View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about
Default A. Fuente Double Chateau

Hey everyone, just going to do a quick review here.

Headed down to Jack Schwartz yesterday after class to enjoy a nice cigar. Talked to the guy behind the counter, telling him I'm a huge 8-5-8 fan and was looking for a suggestion on another stick. I mentioned how I liked the creaminess of the 858 and he immediately suggested a Double Chateau, saying it used to be his go to smoke and had often gotten the creaminess.

Appearance: Cigar looked nice wrapped in a cedar sleeve, with the classy Fuente band. Under the cedar there were a couple discolorations in the rapper towards the foot but other than that it looked great. No big veins, and nice and smooth wrapper.

Burn: This guy lit very easily considering the draft coming down from the vent I was sitting near. Not a perfect crisp burn but it never needed a correction. It did however need to be relit in the last third a couple of times, but I think that may have been due to me neglecting it.

Flavor: This thing was just as the salesman described it. Same smoothness of the 858, but the rapper made it a bit smoother and more mild. Almost had more of a toasted flavor to it, rather than a deep tobacco flavor. Not really any hint of spice at all. During the middle it dried my mouth out a bit but that subsided. Overall a nice mild, creamy smoke. Would make a great breakfast cigar.

I might not choose this cigar again for a mid day smoke as it was a bit mild, but it was another great cigar of high quality from Fuente. I expected nothing less.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote