Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bergdahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks View Post
The guys a traitor. He left his base knowing what he was doing. He mailed his personnel gear home days before he left. He secured his gear before he left. Guys who where searching for him have made statements that the locals witnessed him "crawling on his belly away from the base" (from a soldier in my unit who was looking for him). This all makes me upset but what really pisses me off is that (if I remember right) 10 soldiers died looking for him.

If this all is true and I trust my fellow soldier who is at fort campbell. I would not have traded four white owls for this guy. Time will tell if there is ever really going to be am investigation. Most of my fellow soldiers say The US doesn't negotiate with terrorists. Well we just gave up 5 terrorists for a POS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
While all soldiers coming home is a good thing, I have to wonder if this man qualifies, given the mounting evidence that he deserted his post intentionally seeking out the Taliban. And the potential loss of future lives (Soldier and civilian) from actions of those released is frightening.
If the allegations against him are true, and I'm not saying they are or aren't, then the Army will deal with him as they see fit and the UCMJ allows. But to simply abandon him there for those alleged reasons, especially without inquiry or trial, goes against everything we stand for and makes us no better than "them".