Old 03-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #194
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gin Thread!

Okay had the pleasure of finding an amazing gin.

OOLA gin is out of Washington State and just like Voyager and DryFly from Washington it is fantastic.
Where OOLA really shines is just sipping it. It is the smootest gin we have ever had with virtually zero burn. On the nose is vanilla and citrus. The vanilla doesnt come through as heavy while sipping but it is present along with juniper and citrus. The bottle I got had a massive dent put in it from everyone sampling neat.
With tonics it was interesting. With standard fever tree it was unremarkable. With fever tree Mediterranean it was very good. With Q tonic no good. With Canada Dry it was good.

Botanica Gin from Richmond Califoria
Pepper pepper and a hint of what we thought was sarsaparilla similar to Avaiation gin but thankfully much lighter. As a whole must of us did not enjoy this gin neat at all. Tingling tounges and sarsaparilla is just weird. Did not particularly enjoy with either fever tree versions or Q. Will try with CD to see if it makes it palatable. It is unlikely this will work with any thing for me as it just reminds me of aviation which I camt stand.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote