View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Gil Gonzales Davilla conquestador

When I visited my local cigar shop to get a lottery ticket I noticed that he had some new longfillers in his small assortment. He mostly sells shortfillers, cigarettes and lottery tickets and has only a few longfillers so I was surprised to see a sampler of Gil Gonzales Davila longfillers, a Honduran cigar. It was a sampler containing 5 cigars, an Emperator (Churchill), a Conquestador (Torpedo), a Soldado extra (extra corona), a Soldado (corona) and a Capitan (Robusto), all with a natural wrapper. All except the emperator are available as maduro too.

Tonight I tried the torpedo, the top was a bit crooked, but hey, that’s what you cut off so I can’t have any problems with that. The wrapper is pretty, a bit oily. The feel is good, and the predraw is easy. The construction of this cigar is good. It smells a bit like manure, but it’s just a light scent. The cigar is easy to light and the burn is close to perfect. The ash is light gray and pretty firm, and the cigar gives a medium to light smoke.

I can hear you think, why isn’t he writing about the flavors? Well, that is easy, this cigar has a tremendous lack of flavor. It is way too light for a medium or experienced smoker. It might be a nice cigar for a starter, but I have smoked and learned a lot in the last 18 months and I am definitely too experienced to enjoy a starter cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote