View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #309
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
so what seems to be the general consensus on Spyderco Knives? I was thinking about picking up a Spyderco Endura or Resilience or Pacific Salt and maybe a Tenacious.
I have three of the four. The resilience is wonderfully priced for a 4" blade. But the size isnt quite people friendly. The tenacious seems to be the best of both world. Im not a huge fan of the endura only because its a lockback and isnt quite as fast to close as the Resilience or tenacious so i find i leave it home more often than the others. Same goes for the Pacific salt. Lockbacks are too slow for me but the H-1's rust resistance is impressive. Consider this if you are an avid boater or live near the sea. The 8cr13/14MOV steel in the resilience/tenacious is easy to sharpen but will rust on you if you dont keep a thin layer of oil on it. Whenever i find myself by the beach or water I just wipe some face grease on it for peace of mind.

All this is my personal opinion ymmv.