Thread: Food ****
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Food ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Serve with penicillin.
FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT....Ran into my first bit of danger with reduced meat yesterday.
I always buy reduced unless I HAVE to have a specific cut right then. Well yesterday there
were 2 packs of two filets wrapped in bacon. They were not red anymore, but I am not skinny
anymore either, and I am still good. Got em home and cut the pack open and I could smell the
bacon already and the filets were slick. Fried up the bacon extra crispy and actually ATE IT!
I was gonna toss it to the dogs, but something made me chance it. Bacon cooks at such a
high temp, I was not concerned. But the filets were washed and frozen til I can make some stew.
Bummed me out. But I guess with a product that is handled as much as a bacon-wrapped filet,
you are gonna shave a week off your shelf life. Plus they were scraps, too, only an inch thick and
one or two of the 4 were kind of butterflied and one was actually two pieces. But for 1.00 a pack,
what the hell. Serve with penicillin indeed.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote