View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
Big Maduro
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
Army (Served With Honor)
Big Maduro will become famous soon enough
Default What a horrible day (don't read if your too sensitve to dogs)

I don't usually act like this. This has really hit me hard. A neighbor a couple of doors down has a great Bloodhound. He is just a big gentle goofy dog. About 2:00pm today before leaving for work,I had my dog out. I noticed" Blue" was laying down. Things didn't seem right. He was trying to raise his head up. I went to check on him and he couldn't move. It was over 100 degrees today. His water bowl was tipped over,his lead was wrapped around the tie down so it stopped just short of his dog house. Without going into details (the whole thing was very ghastly) I got cold water and tried to help him. He died in my arms. I work second shift and haven't seen his owner yet. Another neighbor who had come over told me the guy was going to pieces. I left him in a sheet my wife brought over and went to work. I cried like a little school girl most of the night. Please make sure your dogs are okay in this heat. If a neighbors dog is in this situation say something. even though he's not my dog,I'm going to miss seeing his big droopy face.Thanks for listening. Mike
Big Maduro is offline   Reply With Quote