ThePict
Is it time for SoCal yet?

Trading: (0)
Partagas
ThePict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigar Smoking Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch&stogies View Post
I've been smoking cigars on and off for about 5 years and never did the nose exhale. When I read the OP it made a lot of sense that exhaling through my nose would be an important part of experiencing a cigar to the fullest.

With that in mind, I smoked an awesome Cohiba last evening and tried to exhale some of the smoke through my nose. I was definitely struggling with this and only had limited success. That being said, when it did work, I did notice the flavors of the cigar came to life on my palate.

I guess I need to keep working on my technique and hope I figure it out sooner rather than later. Any suggestions?
Tuck your chin up against your chest. It helps to open your sinuses and makes it easier to learn the habit.
Now, a word of caution! Take it easy at first. The smoke will feel strange running through your nasal cavities and, depending on the strength, can sting a bit. Remember this is for part of your exhale, not the entire puff. Take it easy and learn to enjoy the experience, or be like me ans overdo it at a herf the first time and spend a few minutes in the bathroom deciding if you want to revisit your last meal. A lovely fact that your very best friends will continue to remind you of for years and years to come. LOL
ThePict is offline   Reply With Quote