View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: need some opinions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOleTroll View Post
Not being treated fairly--well there are 4 employees where i work. A mechanic, a Drinking water operator, a Sewer Water operator and the Plant Manager..when the Drinking water Operator is off or on vacation we are expected (mechanic and I) to cover his position..when I am off or on vacation my plant suffers and just the bare min is taken care of leaving me to work double when I get back.

As for the training..I and the mechanic are taking our certification tests this week...the mechanic is going to a 2 day class for the test and I dont get the chance. the mechanic is taking a class for Building Operation Certification which isnt going to help our plant..and the Manager and the mechanic both admit it..and I havent been to a class for training in 18 months...and I am an operator...

Shawn
Shawn, the one thing I'd like to add is - does your boss know you have these feelings of being treated unfair? I ask this because if you're suffering in silent or have penned up feelings, it's always relieving to talk with him. Not a bi tch session, just a "I've been feeling this way and need to talk to you. Is there anything you can do to help me?" discussion. It's his job to make sure all shifts are covered as equally as possible. If your discussion and subsequent follow-up doesn't get some changes, then your leaving would be understandable to everyone. Don't tell him you're thinking about leaving, just state the facts you know and how it makes you feel. If nothing else, he needs to know the guy that's hired to take your job is going to feel the same way. Also, ask any potential employer not to check references unless there's a serious chance of getting hired. A new employer will want to know why you're changing jobs and it's best to be truthful. A reference check to your present supervisor will then get his attention, as he should have corrected the problems you brought up.

Best of luck. A job you're working at is the best job you have at present. Don't do anything rash.