View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: need some opinions....

Okay, I don't know a thing about what you do or the politics at your work, so this is just off the cuff....things to think about.

The not being treated fairly looks like a "life's not fair" type of thing. Maybe the powers that be feel like what the DWO is doing cannot wait days and days, so you cover....but feel like other jobs can wait, so it doesn't get covered. Sometimes that is just how things work out. If it bothers you enough to leave a job, then you leave.

If you need training for work and it is not being provided, then ask why. Maybe those guys are putting in for training and it is being approved. The squeaky wheel theory.

Long and short of it is this.... Security and benefits in a weak economy are big....Hell, they are big for most people when the economy is booming. But workplace satisfaction is at the top of my list. If I was not happy with my job, I'd look until I found another....done deal. I may not jump at the first "job"....but I'd continually look and find something that provided me what I needed and bolt.

Life is too short to hate how you pay for it.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote