YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: need some opinions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOleTroll View Post
Ok..long story short...i am in a specialized field..Water Treatment...there really isn't alot out there but in small shots when a group of operators retire...

There are a few new openings in the area and though I have job security and great benefits i am not getting fair treatment and training in my current position.

So...should I see whats out there and possibly put a rift between the city and I by looking for a better opportunity or should I suck it up and be happy I have job security and benefits??

I can make more per hour and have a better chance at training and promotion but I will not be able to find the same benefits I have now...i don't know...

So...professional and personal opinions PLEASE...

Shawn
"should I see whats out there"
Anyone should ALWAYS see what's out there.
I am not sure how looking for an opportunity would create a rift. If it is an internal position then all you are really doing is seeking to advance within the organization. If it is outside of your employer, they really wouldn't know.

"The best time to look for a job is when you already have one".