View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #11
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Villazon no more...

Yeah, Todd, the Habanitos won't last more than 20-30 minutes, but it's not like a robusto burns as long as does a Churchill.

And yeah, Lew and Frank were very close, but I haven't talked to Lew in over 10 years, so do not know his reasons for backing away from JRs. He supposedly retained everyday control of the shops after he sold out to Altadis, and he even wrote a little something for the catalog a few months back, yet I'm unsure what role he now holds, if any.

Even though I wasn't surprised when Steve Saka left, as he repeatedly complained about his inability to spend more time with family in New England. I was somewhat shocked when Lew sold out the company he built, and named after his father. Lew is a t-shirt and jeans millionaire, one who preferred his pick-up to his Beemer, so it wasn't for the money.