View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #76
AdamC

Default Re: How do you shave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel View Post
I shave with the grain and a 4 blade razor. Against the grain is smoother, but tons of ingrown hairs.
I hear you on this. My girl loves when I shave against the grain, but then she tortures me with trying to "help" force out the ingrowns. I've been using Nivea gel but it's not really lathering quite like I'd like, I think also because I shave in the shower. I'll use Johnson's baby oil wash too actually, the oil lets the blade slide a little better and feels great. Then I use a micro bead body wash and Clinique facial wash for men afterwards to help exfoliate a little trying to prevent the ingrowns (Usually doesn't work if I shaved against). Still not quite getting the results, but I've only been shaving with a Gilette Fusion for a few months. I previously always used an electric razor....I want to try some thicker cream with a brush, I'll check out some of the recommendations on here. I will admit to using her girlie fruity smelling shaving gel once in a while too and it's pretty moisturizing.

My girl uses a battery powered Schick Quattro and has been for years. Says it's better than any girl razor she's ever used.

Last edited by AdamC; 10-24-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added my girlfriend's razor