Stinky
Join CigarRights.org NOW!

First Name: Stinky
Trading: (1)
Punch
Stinky will become famous soon enoughStinky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Havana Retractable Cigar Punches

interesting.

I've had a Punch Cutter design in the concept mode for almost a year. We've just been busy with other product development. Mine will have 3 sized and all retract into a tube about the size of that plastic one in the video (above).

IMPORTANT:

When you look at Punch Cutters . . . what is the most important aspect of the cutter ? ? ?

ANSWER:
It's the blade! They all have hardened steel or hardened stainless steel blades. It's the Blades with the "Knife Taper" on the outside of the blade (outside of the barrel) that tend to split the head on your cigar!

Look a little closer at that punch! You might not think it matters, but look what happens when you push (and twist) that barrel (aka "punch") into the cap/head of your cigar. The knife cuts a circle and the blade pushes the cap out into a slightly larger diameter as it forces the barrel into the cap! S P L I T ! . . . another cracked head that you have to deal with.

A properly made punch cutter will have the knife taper on the inside of the barrel (the round knife cutter). Having the knife taper on the inside of the barrel will compress the 'plug' cutout and NOT push the cap (or head) of the cigar out causing it to split!

I see this kind of detail! And that's just another reason why . . . I'm Stinky!

Promoting the Enjoyment of Fine Cigars!
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote