Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I managed to put it in foil for about 15 minutes before tearing into one of the cuts.
Been there, done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Gonna try to be real patient with the butts though. I figure those will be coming off around 11pm tonight or so. Wondering if I can wrap with foil, place in cooler, and leave just like that overnight before ripping it apart.
Absolutely. Just wrap them up in a few layers of HD foil, and stick them in a cooler and use kitchen towels to take up the empty airspace and the butts will stay warm for many hours. Exactly how many hours is hard to say and kind of depends a bit on how big they are and how well the cooler keeps heat, but I've held some smaller ones (like 4-5lbs) in a crappy disposable styrofoam cooler for about 3-4 hours, pulled them out and after tearing off 3-4 layers of foil, they're still plenty hot and even steaming a bit.

If you want, you can pre-warm the cooler by filling it with hot tap water and throwing the towels in the clothes dryer on high for a few minutes.

Probably want to put a few folded towels down under the butts or the heat could warp the cooler liner.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote