View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
Sacmore21

Default Re: Are you afraid to smoke your pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post

Do you feel you lack the requisite experience to avoid burning the rim or, possibly, burning out the airhole, etc? Nothing wrong with being wary. Maybe you'd be more comfortable gaining some experience on a pipe you don't give a crap about. I have one for you, if that's the case. A pipe, that is. Not a motorcycle.
Wow, Moo! A motorcycle! You're so generous! Oh, sorry. I just re-read the sentence

Although, I do honestly appreciate your offer. I do have some pipes that I'm not too worried about, specifically my cobs. My real concern is taking these nice, becautiful looking pipes, and ruining them. I would most likely ruin them due to the fact that my cobs have already taken some scorching. So, I can just imagine translating that to my nice briars. I don't smoke that often, and even though I feel like I've become better over the last couple of months, my infrequency has not allowed me to become an "expert". Hence, my briars are boxed, and my cobs are getting burned up.

I guess, as some others have said, that you might as well use them. I just want my nice pipes, to stay, well, uh, nice!