View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
Outlaw God
John 3:16

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (2)
Outlaw God is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wine Cooler or Regular Cabinet Humidor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadden View Post
Regular cabinet.

Lasts way longer. If you get an aristocrat you can get them cooled so that kinda negates the cooled vs. uncooled issue...

Now costwise that's an interesting discussion. A quality cabinet will be a piece that your grandchildren will fight over. I don't know what the average life of a winecooler is but I would imagine that most aren't gonna last anywhere near that long.

So how many winecoolers will you go through in a lifetime?
You can go through one quality Cabinet , or several winecoolers.

Roughed out id imagine over the course of ones life they will add up to about the same. Maybe more for the winecoolers. But call Frigidaire when you have a problem.... I can get ahold of Bob Staebell at aristocrat 6 days a week.

This is something I looked at when I was getting ready to move into larger humidor. I wanted to do it once and do it right. When I did the math I was looking at my lifetime. Me being 21 I have a lot of years ahead of me yet (I would hope) So I opted fore more cash up front but less worry / hassle later one. (what do you do with all your boxes when your winecooler dies?)

All in all I would say your well enough off for now. But in the future theres no harm in planning on upgrading when the wineador dies.
That's smart and wish I did get a aristocrat to begin with