View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spent $22 today, please tell me what I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz View Post
I thank you all for your help and information.

I have been searching for information on these pipes and I am starting to come to the conclusion that they must be very rare or not very popular because I cannot find a single one of them on the net.

I am unable to get a ballpark age, used or new value or even a picture of any of these.

After checking out the places that do repairs, it looks like the Savinelli might be costing around $60 for restoration and a new stem.

The others, if I'm reading the site information correctly could cost as little as $10-$15 (if they don't need additional repairs) and as much as $35 which includes opening the airway to 5/32".

These pipes are not for sale, but lets pretend that you found any one of these pipes in restored, like new condition, What would be the most you would ever pay for any one of these pipes?

Thanks again for all of your help.
Ken
It's hard to find specific pipes on the Internet unless they're something like Dunhills, or Petersons with very clear cut nomenclature...it's not that they're rare or unpopular...these pipe makes crank out a lot of stuff...as for what they're worth, take a run on ebay looking at closed auctions for the estate Stanwells, Savinellis, and Bjarnes...the prices range all over the board...even if one of those needs a new stem, if I had those three I'd have them restored as they're all probably gonna be great smokers...

PS - I wouldn't worry too much about what they're worth...did you buy them as a collectible investment or to smoke?