View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Zoomschwortz
I'm back

Trading: (3)
Zoomschwortz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spent $22 today, please tell me what I got.

Thank you for the link. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I did find a lot of very useful information and will be going back in a few minutes to learn more. Thanks again.

As far as the cost of the pipes goes. The pipes were $10, the pipe rack $5 and all of the accessories were $7.

I have never had a pipe restored before, so, what kind of price range am I looking at to have a pipe restored? $10, $20 a $100???

If I restore the Bjarne, the Stanwell, and the Savinelli, are they going to be worth what I have into them? The Bjarne and Stanwell have loose stems. The stems don't fall out, but they are far from snug and the Savinelli is going to need a new stem.

Is the Ropp worth messing with? My wife likes working with leather and has rebuilt a few saddles. She appears to be very fond of the leather bound Ropp and I believe that this will be her 2nd pipe. Can I buy a new Ropp for what it will cost to have this one restored?

Any suggestions for someone that does good work and who has fair prices?

In the link above, the listed a guy in Waco, Tx. that specializes in Savinelli. Will I better off send the Savinelli to him because of it needing a stem or can any good restoration person get or make the correct stem for that pipe?

Thanks for your help.
Ken
Zoomschwortz is offline   Reply With Quote