View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
Sr Mike
As Is

Trading: (6)
Sr Mike has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rotisserie/Toaster Oven Coffee Roaster (Pic Heavy)

After years of roasting, I never bothered with timing my cooling process and was always pleased with the results which were usually cooked to a nice medium roast. I just waited until the beans were warm to the touch and not scaulding hot when I would put them in a container. In general any roast can be brewed in about 4 hours, that does not mean the roast has settled in their peak flavor, you will learn that the flavors will change over a couple of days.

I gave up listening to "experts" years ago on the roasting process because I had my little Whirleypop down perfectly for me. I am still expirementing with this machine. I have never cared for dark roast with the Whirleypop, the beans always had a burnt flavor, I am hoping this will give me good results. So far I have been impressed with this, I just roast with a few extra days to let the beans settle before I am out of my last roasting run.

The basket doen not retain much heat, my hope is the dark roast will be nice and clean in flavor, slight carmel tones without the burnt notes because the surface of the beans are not scourched. I got this up and running about a month ago, still a lot of little tinkering to learn.
Sr Mike is offline   Reply With Quote