View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Data Recovery, crashed cf card photo hard drive...

I tried freezing the little bugger, no dice. Lisa has talked to two data recovery outfits. One says we can ship it, they'll see what they can do, and if they can't do anything, they'll ship it back for free.
Ontrack quoted us $500-$900 to get it done. I had guessed 5 or 6 hundred from them, so prices have gone up. I'm sure they don't do a lot of microdrives either.
Lisa is going to try the first place and see what they can do. After that, we'll reconsider Ontrack.
As it sits, we pretty much decided we're not going to pay 900 bucks. There were tons of family members there taking pics, I'm sure we can gather lots up. We already have some, we'll just go from there.
Thanks for all the help, guys!!!