Disfrutar de cigarros!

First Name: Carlos
Trading: (1)
RA AirForce (Served With Honor)
Grey Goose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Big Green Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
You will love the BGE. I've added two accessories that I consider must haves.

BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 Kit for Big Green Egg. I just added this a few months ago and can't figure out why I didn't add it before. I like to smoke brisket for a long time (20+hours) and now I don't have to stay awake all night fiddling with the vent settings. Holds 180 perfectly for the entire smoke. Uses less charcoal as well.

SmokeWare SS Vented Chimney Cap. Controls the airflow so much better than the stock device AND can be used in rain, etc. Side venting rather than top venting.

You may or may not know that Royal Oak makes the charcoal for BGE. It's pretty cheap at Home Depot but maybe worth shopping around if you use a lot.

Welcome to the fam! Lots of amazing smokers around here (I'm not one but I play one in my dreams) and killer recipes. Since you have a WSM, you probably already know that, but I like to ramble when people get an egg.
Great info, we just bought one too at a 4th of July sale, have barely used it so far but have always wanted one, going online now to look up those accessories. ;-)