Old 03-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #36
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I totally suck at bills.

I use my credit card for everything from coffee at Starbucks on up, but only as a convenience card. I make a note of each purchase I make when I'm out in my Blackberry and then transfer the money back onto my CC via online banking the next time I'm in front of a computer. I never carry a balance and therefore never pay interest charges. For other bills such as insurance, cable, loans, etc. it's all automatically deducted from my bank account by the vendor. I also have them all set up to never send me a paper bill, just an electronic copy via email.

Perhaps it's just the difference between the US and Canad but I don't know anyone under the age of 50 that still uses cheques or a chequebook. Similarly almost no one I know ever carries cash. In fact I'll walk out of any business that accepts only cash since it's bigger hassle to go find cash then come back than it is to just find another business that accepts credit or debit (realistically 99% of businesses accept both so it's rarely an issue).
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote