View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default A Tale of Two Tampers (well, three actually)

Okay, it all started with Boom (Troy) posting a notice to sell or trade some tampers he made...the one on the right end caught my attention and in my haste to get it I didn't read all he wrote about them (more on that later)...here's the tampers he has up for sale or trade for pipe tobacco (all except the one on the right)...

So I got the tamper and when I did I discovered that the tamping end was more narrow than I like...what happend was that I missed reading in his post that the ends of these were 5/16"...so I figured the easiest way to corrrect this would be to send it back and have Troy lop off the bottom inch or so and re-cap it, and it would be fine...Troy, however, had another idea...he told me to just PIF it, which I did, to one of the pipers on www.smokersforums.co.uk which is another nice pipe site, and he would make me another tamper...which he did, sorta...what he actually did is send me two more tampers, and told me to pick one for myself and PIF the other one...so, I'm still trying to figure out which I'll keep, but I've already figured out where and when the extra one is gonna be PIF'd ...thanks, Boom...great BOTP (Brother of the Pipe)...