Thread: First cigar
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: First cigar

A Dutch Masters Presidente when I was 14, Ray Nitschke smoked them when I caddied for him.

Next was a Moniemaker broadleaf when I was legal at my 18th birthday.

When I went to college I smoked a pipe, so there was a day I hoped the "El" to downtown Chicago to visit Iwan Ries as I heard they had some great cheaper pipes and an incredible selection of tobacco. I was amazed at the walk-in humidor and a staff person asked what I liked. I told him I'd had cigars before, what cigars I'd had, and that while cigars intrigued me, I figured (from my experiences) that they were not for me. He gave me an Arturo Fuentes Rothschild to try, and if I did not like it he'd give me a couple ounces of tobacco to try.

I left with some pipe tobacco, and a box of AF Rothschild's at the outrageous price of $22. And, I was hooked.

Peace of the Lord be with you.