Thread: First cigar
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 03:14 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default First cigar

I've always been fascinated by cigars and the culture and as a young man I desperately wanted to know more. I was a sponge soaking up as much info as i could but i hadn't found cigar forums yet. Then Ronald Reagan died so i decided it was time to buy some cigars and smoke them in honor of The President. I still lean conservative but i'm not nearly as idealistic as i once was. So, i purchased 3 montecristo's (the only brand i recognized) and on the day they arrived me, my brother, and a close friend sat in my back yard talking about Reagan. I didn't vomit the first time and i credit that to drinking soda at the time. I don't remember much about them other than we liked them. Later i found Club Stogie and got my real education there.

The first cigar to make me sick was while traveling from Miami to PSL I stopped at a cigar store in deerfield beach with my father (i was still drugged from anesthesia) and the owner Kris came out and bought me a Padron 1964 anny. I smoked about half while there and then continued to smoke while in the car and only had water to drink. I don't know if it was a combo of the drugs and the tobacco but i was yelling for my father to pull over and got sick on the turnpike.

The only other time I remember getting ill was after my first HERF while on the way home. In fact me, my brother and my friend all got sick but i think that was just a chain reaction. So, what was your first cigar? do you even remember it? What led you to becoming a lover of the leaf? God bless you all!