View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 10:24 AM   #23
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rattray old gowrie

i haven't bought tobacco since probably around 2008 or 2009... was never a fan of McClellands, although i owned plenty of tins and it's shop was in KC...
took some tin artwork to Mike when he was making a clubs tobacco for us, even placed it in his grubby hands... showed up at the KC pipe show and he pointed to a huge stack of tins that they "GAVE" to the KC pipe club (which i was a member of) because, "we never got ahold of him." which was total bullshit, as i handed him the damn artwork personally and another member had left them countless calls on the issue.
aside from that, their tobacco seemed to either be too wet to stay lit, or too dry to be pliable (if you like broken flakes).
i still have some tins and some bulk (i believe 5100 and 2010, but it's been a decade since i even looked at 'em), but they are the last blend i'd reach out for (aside from Solani, that i have allergic reactions to).

anywho, just thought i'd try and help with some experiences i've had over the years with new pipers who can't "taste" certain things while still smoking cigars/cigarettes.

glad you're enjoying it.