Thread: Reading glasses
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Reading glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Yes you will have this problem for several days to a week. It will go away. My advise never take them off, that way once you are use to it no more headaches.

I've worn glasses for ~8 years and contacts for ~8 years. I'm in soft lenses right now.

There is the same switch from glasses to contacts and vis-a-versa.

If they aren't reading glasses you will benefit from never taking them off greatly. If not ...I cannot speak on that one yet.
These are strictly for reading. When I had my exam, I was good to go at distance, but the issue was more of the stuff up close. The doc had me go through the whole which is better, 1 or 2 for a bunch of lenses. She then showed me what the difference was between the lens vs. without and it was almost no difference for something at a distance.

When I wore them as a kid, I never took them off. I also recall an exam before I quit wearing them that the doctor commented I would probably never be able to wear contacts given how sensitive my eyes are. Even last week on a follow up appointment, this doctor asked if I had any itching. Contacts have probably come a long way, but I doubt I'll ever be in contacts.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote