View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #15
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Litto Gomez Small Batch #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Damn you for this review. Really.
The SB#1 was one of those smokes that totally impressed me. It's what made me get hooked on LGD stuff. Then I got you hooked. I suppose this is payback?
That sweetness you mentioned is what really stood out with the #1. The body and flavors were so full and complete and perfectly suited to my taste. You hit the nail on the head with "the strength is there, but it's there for something". The first one I had kicked my ass royal, and it was right at the peak of my "smoke the strongest, grossest cigars I can find" phase.
The one thing I disagree with is putting them away. I honestly think they can only lose essence and flavor from here. Smoke them, my brother. Perfect doesn't get any better than perfect, and I can only see them going downhill from here.
I'm already sick to my stomach thinking about buying these. Damn you again. I'll tell Lisa who's fault it is, you can bet.
Wow, all the vitriol!

I was given a Small Batch #1 about a year and a half ago at a herf over at 14holestogie's house by Tristan and loved it, but didn't have to worry about getting any more because there weren't any.

Then you came along and bragged up LGDs and Coronados, sending me to go back into the La Flor Dominicana realm.

Interestingly, they came out with their first two lines at the end of the '90s and they didn't really impress then, and I haven't had the desire to go there. I did try their Ligero and Double Ligero lines, but they didn't really thrill me either. I haven't had the Cameroon Cabinets, the Salomones, or any limited editions other than the Small Batch. I did try the Air Benders, and they are the only ones with the LFD band that entices me to get a box of them - although I have resisted the temptation thus far.

As for putting them away, well, maybe we disagree. Like I said, if we (Packers) get to the Super Bowl, that would be my smoke.

As for Lisa knowing about it, she already probably curses my name for the stuff you've told her that I am to blame for.

Peace of the Lord be with you.