View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #22
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Whiskey God has smiled....

This is an awesome thing to find in an attic. As to value, I'm no expert, but it is going to depend on how rare the whisky is. Just as an example, about a month ago a friend of mine was cleaning out his office and came to me with a bottle of Canadian whiskey with a tax stamp from the 40s that a client had given him a few years ago. He didn't drink and gave it to me. I did a preliminary check on Google of what it might be worth just to make sure he wasn't giving away $1000 + without knowing. I figured it had to be worth something. It turned out that similar bottles were on ebay for $30 bucks or so. I think I found one suggestion that it might be worth $50. Bottom line was that it was not as rare as I originally thought. So I opened it up and have enjoyed it. It tastes similar to crown royal and it is kind of cool to drink something that was bottled during WWII.