Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stevef2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fake Premium Blends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadden View Post
I don't really smoke anything that cheap myself tbh. However that's not the point , the point being that this retailer is claiming full face that these are premium long filler cigars when dozens of videos are surfacing overnight of guys opening them up only to find floor sweepings.

Its neither legal , nor ethical anywhere in North America.

FWIW I don't think its counterfeit , more likely CI bought the rights to the name and label of certain cheap cigars , and just turned it into a floor sweeping cash cow.

There are cigars out there that are excellent cigars at a cheap price point , that claim what they are , and what they are not. Just because these ones are cheap is no excuse to full face lie to the consumer just to make a buck.

I wont smoke floor sweepings , that's how you get hair and toenails and all other kinds of gross **** in your cigar. Too many excellent 5$ smokes out there to waste time on garbage.

Also theres a difference between short filler and floor sweepings. Some of these are clearly , clearly floor sweepings , I wont put that **** anywhere near my mouth. Nothing against a good short filler cigar though.

While I agree that marketing an item as something it is not it wrong, NO where I found on CI does it claim they are long filler cigars. Claiming they are something they are not is wrong and illegal but CI does not seem to be doing that and as previous posters have mentioned, putting even a small amount of long filler into a cigar full of **** is a technical out for the producer.

On a different note Jonathan Detore from FSS posted about this today and had a video in one of the comments on FB that included an interview with David Blanco explaining what is going on with these cigars.

In a nut shell Los Blancos Cigars changed their name to Blanco Cigars and sold their excess old packaging to CI for them to have cigars made to put into. The cigars were supposed to be close blends to the Los Blancos blend and were on the initial runs(s). That is from Davids mouth. Subsequent runs had issues and when CI became aware they are "addressing" the issues.

So technically they were not counterfeit as they had the rights to make cigars to put into the bands. CI had an issue with the company they contracted with to make the cigars and the reason for subpar, "trash" cigars. If you care to watch the video he starts discussing around minute 21 and the link is below.

Video Here
stevef2005 is offline   Reply With Quote