View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #62
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Let's see those '09 gardens

Here we go. I get home, it's rained nearly another inch. Since May 11, we have nearly 11.5 inches. That's crazy. It gets hot as hell, then boomers roll in during the evening and at night. I should have planted rice!!

I forgot to mention my onions in the last post. They have really struggled with the wet garden. I lost nearly all my yellow onions. The whites are still growing...big and tasty. I chop up the small white bulbs and green tops and saute with butter and a little oil and salt/pepper. So freaking good! Also, thanks for everyone's pictures. They bring smiles to my face. Richard is a photo guru. He make's a simple flower look like a masterpiece!

Yard was flooded after work, so here's the shot from the porch. There must be 200 flowers on my cukes. The next 3 weeks are going to be fun!

I tried to zoom in a little. Minimal bugs, no rabbits, really not much damage other than the overly wet soil. I figured fungi and mold would be rampant, but KOW, it's alright so far.

The first tomato picked yesterday. Should be fully red in the next couple of days. Gotten several dozen Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes so far, also.

Here's a shot of my gauge. It was reset by my neighbor's kid on 5/11/09.