View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #19
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cigar Smoker Poking in

Shawn, smoking a pipe... who woulda thunk????

If the tins are unopened, they can be stored in a box (in a cool place) or on a shelf in a basement. If the tabak is in baggies, or the tin is opened, it may start to dry out. I've started using Ziplock storage containers for the contents of tins or bulk tabak. Samples can be stored in a container like you sent those Opus X's in to me (in fact, that's what it's being used for now)

If you end up like me, when you find that you enjoy a particular tabak, you'll just leave the tabak in the tin until it's empty. Or, you'll order it in bulk (if available), place the bulk package in a large Ziplock storage container, and refill an old tin.

A great website to get info on various pipe tobaccos is: TobaccoReviews.com

There are only a few aromatics that I enjoy, and I've migrated to straight Virginias and burleys. The subtle flavors come out, when you "sip" the smoke from your pipe. It's very much like smoking and enjoying a good cigar.

BTW, Xikar makes a few very nice pipe lighters. I have two now, that I use constantly.

Have fun, Shawn... it's another slope to slide down!!