Thread: Lowes rant
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Lowes rant

So, Lowes is doing Stubbs 15# bags of charcoal for $4.25/bag, which is half off. After getting some quick research on charcoal for my WSM, it seems that Kingsford isn't in good favor with many because of the chemicals/fillers used compared to an all natural charcoal like the Stubbs.

Anyway, here is their 20 minute pick up guarantee word for word(exclusions not copied because none of them applied):

With our exclusive 20-Minute Pick Up In Store Guarantee*, you can get what you need, when you need it. Always free, and always fast.

Simply place an order on Lowes.com and select "Pick Up In Store - Free" as your shipping option, and your order will be ready at the store in 20 minutes. Guaranteed*.

I place the order this morning and get a confirmation at 10:30 am that my order for 20 bags of charcoal will be ready for pick up in 20 minutes. I arrive at the store at 7:30 pm (yes, 9 full hours later) and present my pick up confirmation and it hadn't even been pulled. They had to find the d-bag to find the 20 bags (as there weren't that many on the floor) and get it down from 4 rows up on the selves still on a pallet. Then they had to go off to the parking lot to find a cart to put it on.

The Lowe's "20 minute guarantee" is only a guarantee that you'll wait another 20+ minutes for them to actually retrieve your order once you arrive and not a minute sooner. Sadly, there's no meat to to hold them to it in their guarantee like it's free or anything.

Dumbasses anyway...
[/rant]
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote