View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #15
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Re-Upped my Cigar Oasis (picture intensive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
if theres 300.00 worth of copper in a catylitic converter.. .why are they only like 100 bucks? i know that metal is universally market priced. and to build somethign with 300.00 dollars worth of copper.. that company is going to pay at least 250.00 for that copper..

???
HellifIknow. I honestly just know about it from a few regulars at the shop who are officers. Warned us to park somewhere safe. Two days later there was a big story on the news about it and it made the paper when a theft ring got busted up for stealing "cats". So again, hellifIknow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
I understand the concept and your pics are great. But exactly how do you are you planning to regulate humidity? The Oasis will continue to add humidity, but without a regulating agent how will you keep a constant Rh if it rises above your set point(summertime)?

Forgot to mention, I use PG solution on my crystals and crank my Oasis to max. It always runs the fan (thus I keep air circulating) but the PG + crystals keep me running between 68 and 71 all the time. I don't have a single issue with cracks, splits, or bad sticks due to lack of or excessive moisture in that Vino. Now my low RH box is a different story though. That one I carefully keep and eye on to make sure I add PG as needed to prevent it from getting too high (over 65).