Savor the Stick has disabled reputation
Default Re: I just discovered Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
It's another slippery slope! Enjoy!
I was going to post that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullnrose View Post
I just ordered a French press and look forward to trying it out. I have been using the metal filter with the Aeropress and notice it passes on more of the oils compared to the paper filters. While searching for a french press I stumbled on the Espro press which sounds great other than its 70.00 and only brews 8oz. http://www.espro.ca/espro-press/ I'm real close to ordering the Behmor 1600 Roaster unless someone can convince me otherwise.
Where did you get the metal filter from? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post

Stop. Rethink. Do not allow your enthusiasm to misdirect you.

Your opening post clearly reveals you need to defer all other expenditures until you have selected and purchased a killer grinder. I suggest you take any money you might spend on anything coffee and immediately divert it to a grinder. You have all the key indicators of needing a Mazzer Mini, Macap or, at the very least, a Rancilio Rocky.

You cannot build a house by starting with shingles. The best possible grinder - one for a lifetime, ideally - is the foundation upon which your world of great coffees are brewed and poured. If you only ever wanted coffee from a press or, maybe, a mokapot, I'd say "You gonna LOVE that Infinity" but, you won't. There is no guesswork here; you can take that to the bank.

Enjoy whatever.
Well I usually would agree with Moo...he has a great amount of wisdom in the coffee arts. (no offense Dan)

BUT....I have the Capresso Infinity Grinder and a Moka, and a French Press and an Aero Press and don't want to go any further. Oh I also roast my own green beans.

Suffice to say everyone is different and their tastes are therefore different...unless you are wanting to get into espresso coffee and the high priced machines (nothing wrong with that) to make it, think long and hard where your coffee journey is taking you.

God Bless and have a great cup and smoke.