View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about
Default New 300 ct. Humidor

300 boxes, maybe.

Picked up my new humidor yesterday. I knew it was big, but I was still a little shocked when I saw it in person. Wouldn't come close to fitting in my Explorer. Luckily I brought the trailer hitch caddy and a LOT of rope. 125 mile trip back to my house at 45 miles an hour made for a relaxing time to smoke a few cigars.

Overall it looks to be grade A on the inside and grade B on the outside. All the shelves were there and in great shape. There is an electrical receptacle at the bottom of the humi to plug in an active humidification system and a switch for presumably the lights. Looks like damn good craftsmanship inside. A few scratches on the outside here and there but no biggie.

A couple things: It came with a Moist-n-Aire that looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm going to give it a chance to prove itself before I spend money on a different system. I'm going to put new weatherstripping at the edges where the glass doors seal. They slide quite nicely and seem to seal pretty damn good but the weatherstripping looks old. Quick $5 fix. Also, it has lights in the top that shine down through a (currently broken) translucent tile like you'd see in any drop ceiling. Not sure what I'm going to do with this. Guess I should see how hot the lights feel when on for a bit. I could easily seal up the top and go with no light, but if it the light doesn't run too hot (not like I'd leave it on for more than a minute or two anyway) I'll leave it as is. I also need to get the lock mechanism replaced as this one came with no keys.

Here's what I am starting with. Hope to have it in the house and plugged in and stabilizing in a few days.

pics in next post.
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote