Thread: First Job
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 11:04 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default First Job

So, my first job was a CSR for a video store called Hollywood video. You might remember them as the only competition to blockbuster videos. I actually didn't mind the job but it was unchallenging to say the least. In 1999, i was on the fast track to become a store manager and i refused every promotion because i had no interest in what i found to be a dying platform. This was back in the day of VHS as well. DVD's were only just starting to become a thing. So, after my final refusal to become the assistant manager (plus i was getting tired to working in a video store) i decided it was time for me to move on so i had a friend who was a rehab technician in a little PT clinic called Joyner sportsmedicine and she was moving into the front office in the billing department and they needed a replacement. So, i interviewed pretty well and had a nice referral from my friend and thus began my career in medicine and physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology. The guys at the video store were gut punched by the news and began telling me all their plans for me but i could see video stores dying and netflix was not a thing back then other than dvd rentals and you had to pay far too much for them. anyways, i was curious about first jobs here and what did you start out with and what led ultimately to your chosen careers. God bless you all!